Monday 2 January 2012

Kit gathering

Well my Operation Everest Kit Box is finally beginning to fill with content. Today's additions were the 'hot' new merino base layers, the head torch I rediscovered in my New Year tidy up and the fast acting Imodium tablets which were on special offer on at Sainsbury's. I thought i should stock up.
 
Earlier this week I met up with my friend Jess and her husband Russ Armstrong, who in fact met on their Base Camp trip two years ago (ahhh...). They have have lent me an amazingly lightweight but puffy down jacket and some trekking poles - these items will probably save my life AND they even come with Himalayan dust already on them.  Jess and Russ gave me lots of top tips, including which medicines to buy over the counter in Kathmandu etc, but mostly they just got me so very excited. As I left Russ said "you are going to have the time of your life" wow, just FIVE weeks to go and I can't wait!
 
Rosie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment