Saturday 26 November 2011

Wow 74%!!

Suddenly all the hard work seems to be paying off in leaps and bounds - corr, 74%, we are so nearly there!!
 
Thanks so much to everyone for helping us  - the many funders, and the many supporters in kind as well.
 
Chloe and I were reflecting on what superheros our parents have been these past few months, giving so much of their time and support for this project - and always full of praise.  Thank you to my mum for the amazing puppet show last weekend, as Chloe said, all the kiddies and all the adults were completly captivated.  And thank you to my poor dad, who was going to have a 'weekend off', but then still turned up at the Scout Hut in Croydon to lend a hand...thanks dad!
 
So this evening we have our final Supper Club at Wandsworth Common West Side, hosted by John and Vonnie.  We are now so well practiced at this that we have got our prep down to a record breaking short amount of time. Chloe has texted me three times today to tell me that I don't need to come until later - fantastic! (and gives me time to write a much overdue blog entry!) - but I am still not sure how I am going to transport my two cheesecakes on the 77 bus...it will be an interesting ride.
 
This evening's menu, which you will also find the recipes for in our recipe book 'Never Knowingly Undercatered'...now currently at the printers (but we are taking pre-orders!):
 
  • Stuffed mushrooms with rocket salad
  • Leek and taragon risotto, with chicken (or veg option)
  • Choc cheesecake brownie with fruit
  • The cheese course, with fruit and homemade chutneys
  • Coffee and amazing chocolates donated by the wonderful 'Artisan du Chocolat' in Sloane Square
 
Looking forward to seeing everyone this evening!
 
Rosie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment