Saturday 26 November 2011

rest day schrest days

I took a friend's advice yesterday and forked out on some really perfect running shoes - Brooks ones with the correct support for my feet specifically idenfied by the man in Runner's Need by looking at my gait while running on a treadmill in the shop. Corr - what attentive service. Great store.

Any hoo, I could barely wait to get them home and pop for a test drive but the guy told me how important rest days are. For the last 3 weeks or so I have been trying to do some sort of exercise every day, give or take. Rest days...?

I had thought that more is more, and my butt ain't getting smaller so rest days could wait till I get back from nepal. Also my running program is so piddling - only about 15-20 mins running each time, that it would barely register in my body as actual exercise. Also, it hasn't hurt yet, which has to be a good sign.

Now I don't know. Yesterday I walked for a few hours then popped to the gym for some leg and core strengthening - so as these are different muscle groups to running, does that count as rest?!

I need someone with expertise.

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment